Monday, December 18, 2017

12/18/17 Newsletter

12/18/17


Hi Families,


This will be the last time I send a newsletter home via email. Going forward all information will be disseminated via the new class blog. Please check out the blog at this address: https://msnancysblogmbs.blogspot.com/  There is an option to follow the blog by email. If you add your email address to the place provided on the right of the blog home screen, you will receive an email anytime I post. There are no restrictions on file with the district to post pictures of your children on the blog. If you do not want your child's face shown on the blog, please email me separately and let me know. I am not adding any pictures of the children this week to the newsletter as it will also post on the blog.


I am looking for some small and medium cardboard boxes to add to the block area. If you have any you would be willing to donate, please let me know. Thank you.


We will finish our study of Mo Willems this week. We will reread our three favorite books, Duckling Gets a Cookie, Should I Share My Ice Cream, and Time to Sleep, Sheep the Sheep. On Thursday, we will vote for our all time favorite book and share it with you at our Book Celebration. Here is the link to the sign up genius if you would like to contribute food or drink to the celebration http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090849a5ab2baafc1-msnancys .


Our theme for January and February is Winter. In January, we will talk about weather, clothing, hibernation and animal tracks. In February, we will talk about winter sports (tied to the Olympics), snow crystals/Snowflake Bentley, and snow people. If anyone has any small arctic animals, plastic or stuffed, you would be willing to share with us, it would be greatly appreciated.


We will have a new member of our class when we return in January. Her name is Brooklyn. Her picture has been hanging in our classroom for a few weeks and her cubby and hook are labeled with her name. The children are very observant and have asked questions about her. I'm sure they will do a great job welcoming her to our class.


Dates to remember:

Thursday, 12/21/17- Book Celebration 2pm

Friday, 12/22/17- Pajama Day and Popcorn Party

12/25/17 - 1/2/18- School Closed

1/3/18- School Reopens


Thank you for everything that you do for our class. I am very lucky to have your children in my room. I hope that your vacation time is peaceful and spent with people you love, doing things that rejuvenate your spirit. I wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.


Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment